A blog about my study abroad experience in Ireland

Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Necessity of Immediate Action

In some things you do, immediate action is necessary. Things like, rushing a gunshot victim to the hospital, finding a tampon when you feel that first indication of your period (which despite being two days late, shows up to the party anyway), or eating the last cookie before someone else gets to it. Then there are things that do not require immediate action such as, doing the dishes when asked, shaving your legs, or doing the dishes when asked a second time. Before tonight I would have including creating a blog in the latter list among the other mundane chores I would presumably put off until someone else with a kinder soul and “can do” attitude took care of the problem for me. And yet, here I sit, slouched on my comically small bed typing away like there is no tomorrow.

What could persuade a girl with so much to get done to sit down and write a well written and obviously entertaining blog, one might ask? I am soon to embark on the age-old college tradition (no, not Spring Break in Padre), Study Abroad. Now one might also wonder, what does that have to do with this cleverly worded and witty blog post? Well the program I intend to travel through is nice enough to give grants to those who are willing to blog their travel experiences but requires a sample of previous blog posts. I, being the poor college kid that everyone should be at some point in their lives, jumped at the chance for a little extra money and because I often find that some of the oddest things happen to me and if I don't write them down as a youngster then I may not remember them in my later years and that would be a real tragedy.

Around six hours ago I sat down at my computer with the single minded task of creating a blog. Fueled by my first Dr. Pepper in what felt like weeks but was merely a few days, I began my task. Five and a half hours later I was well on my way to breaking the record for most cookie dough eaten by a single girl on a Thursday night but unfortunately still no closer to a blog, so I did what any college girl would do: call her friend. Thankfully I have a wonderful friend who only laughs a little whenever I call her with questions about computers and she quickly set me up with this snappy blog and turned me loose. I mean, really guys, I’m a smart girl. I do homework and write essays and participate in things and yet I can't figure out how to make a blog. Let's just say I'm endearingly inept with technology and leave it at that.

So if you made it through what I assume sounds like the ramblings of a 20 year old with an excess of Dr. Pepper in her system, then I give you a round of applause and thank you for reading!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Solitary Scout | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig